#leaflets #booklets #singlefold #formats #sizes #flyers #rollfold #blochures #glossymagazines #highqualityfinish
FOLDED LEAFLETS AND BOUND BOOKLETS BY RUSH HOUR PRINTING AND GRAPHICS
Many of our clients have difficulty deciding the type of leaflet or booklet that best suits their work and other times; they don’t even understand the available options. There are various confusing formats and sizes, bindings and paginations that are required once you pass the simple printed flyers stage.
At Rush Hour Printing and Graphics, we have years of experience in not only delivering quality printed leaflets and brochures, but also guide our clients on the best choice along the way. We at RHPG have compiled for you simple descriptions of terminologies to help you understand better the formats available and best for you.
Folded leaflets are so versatile they can be used just about anywhere. They can be folded in so many different ways such that the number of possibilities can be mind-blowing. But here are the most popular folds you can get;
- Single fold/half fold– the simplest of all folds where the sheet is folded just once in the middle to produce a four-page leaflet.
- Concertina fold- this can be formed from a sheet folded into six or more pages usually up to twelve depending on the size. The pages will be of the same size such that it opens out to one long document, therefore, you can let information run from page to page.
- Roll fold- out of a six-page leaflet, you can fold the right hand page into the centre and the left side fold on top of it to create the front cover or fold the left page in and the right page away from you thus creating a back cover. You can also use this fold with up to a 12-page folded leaflet.
A booklet or brochure is a document whereby the pages are bound together in various shapes or forms. The following are the three most common forms of bound booklets.
- Stitched or Staple Brochures – this one is created by folding in half two or more sheets taken together and then the resultant spine in the middle is set together using 2 or more staples or a stitch. Each sheet you add adds additional four pages and the maximum page count can go as high as 60 based on the weight of the paper used since it has to fold neatly without spraying as well as be thin enough to facilitate stapling. A good example of this type of bound booklet would be small magazines like those found in a newspaper supplement.
- Wiro or Spiral Bound Brochures- this type of bound brochures does not involve any folding unlike the stitched brochure. Instead, a wire or plastic spiral is added along the left-hand spine of a stack of printed sheets to create the finished document. Since the sheets are not folded therefore the page count will go up by two every time you add another sheet to the brochure.
This option has the advantage of using bigger spiral spine to accommodate a large number of sheets and the procedure is quick as well as relatively cheap. You can even choose to add a different top cover and a backboard for stability to make your brochure have that superior finish.
- Perfect Bound Brochures- this is one of the most high-end types of booklets you can find. Just like wiro binding, no folding is required but instead of using spirals, the stack of printed pages is bound together on the left-hand spine with the use of heat or glue. Large shopping catalogues as well as high-end glossy magazines usually employ this type of binding because it can also accommodate a large page count since it needs as many as a minimum of 40 pages to make a thick enough spine.
To create a high-quality finish, you can have the front and back cover neatly wrapped around on the outside.
For more information on these and our other great choices of printed materials, don’t forget to get in touch with us at Rush Hour Printing and Graphics.
#rushhourprinting #rushhour #rushhourprintingandgraphics #digital #media #printmedia #printing #print #technology #innovation #graphicdesign #desigininggraphics #designgraphics #brochures #businesscards #pamphlets #postcards #envelopes #printsolutions
We are a full-service printing company with additional offerings in graphic design and customer support. We offer high quality business card printing and will work with you to produce a one of a kind, marketing tool to capture your leads I the most effective way. Call today to speak with one of our representatives.
Rush Hour Printing and Graphics WE EAT DEADLINES FOR BREAKFAST! We are looking forward to serving you from our two DC locations. Our printing skills come from years of experience and hard work. Our graphic designers are incredible at what they do and always give their best. Check out our reviews on Yelp. Our word is our bond and we are here to prove that!
Take advantage today of our Price Match PLUS up to 20% OFF your next batch.
Contact us for more information
Email: Artwork@rushhourprinting.com & Unionstation@rushhourprinting.com
Address: 1100 H Street, NW (Suite B-240, LL1) 20005 Washington, District of Columbia and coming soon, Union Station in DC!
Come Visit Us
Check out our New APP! #CouponsAvailable #2for1 and #10%OFF#20%OFF #Download our App TODAY! AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVWVC9H WINDOWS: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rush-hour-printing-and-graphic/9p1658p5bgc8?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rush-hour-printing-and-graphic/id1399018332?ls=1&mt=8 Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.rushhourprintingandgraphic